Castor seeds, ricin raw materials: “Anarchist type textbook” discovered in
From this AP story, “Toxin mystery at Las Vegas motel deepens,” we learn some additional relevant details, accompanied in the end of course with the reflexive disclaimer, albeit a more qualified disclaimer:
· 57-year-old (un-identified) man who could hold the key to understanding what the ricin was going to be used, for lay unconscious in a hospital.
· police said firearms and an ‘anarchist type textbook’ were found in the same room where the ricin was discovered two days later.
· Las Vegas Capt. Joseph Lombardo said at a news conference late Friday that the book was tabbed at a spot with information about ricin.
· Police found the firearms and books on Tuesday after a manager at the Extended Stay
· Earlier Friday, police Deputy Chief Kathy Suey said the friend or relative found two vials of ricin on Thursday after going to the motel to retrieve the hospitalized man’s belongings.
· Authorities on Friday confirmed that the vials contained ricin. It was unclear how long the vials were in the unoccupied motel room, and whether they might have been overlooked when ricin tests were conducted on Tuesday. Lombardo did not address such questions during the brief news conference.
And of course:
· Authorities said there was no apparent link to terrorist activity