Saeed and Jan’s E. coli Chocolate Cake.
Recommended beverage: Warm, unpasteurized Listeria milk
As reported in the Daily Mail, 2/11/08?
Two shop-owners were today fined for selling chocolate cake – which had been sprinkled with human faeces. A horrified customer ate the foul-smelling gateaux but noticed that it didn’t taste or smell “quite right” and handed the cake to public health scientists. The analysts soon established that the sweet treat was covered in faeces and legal proceedings against the shop owners were started. Shop owners Saeed Hasmi, 25, and Jan Yadgari, 23, were fined £1,500 for selling food unfit for human consumption. The pair – who ran the Italiano Pizzeria in Roath,
As Spencer notes,